Lasalle College Surabaya held a 'Lunar Fashion Show' that presented the work of fashion designer Embran Nawawi, Fashion Design instructor as well Natasya Wijaya, Fashion Design alumni, with make-up from the Lasalle College Surabaya Artistic Make-Up Program team. Present as the speaker was Ms. Rose Aprilia is the Coordinator of the Fashion Design program of Lasalle College Surabaya.
The overall collection, there are three major trends discussed, among them are; Game Scape
, Home Spun
. These three themes have meaning, in this digital era design will prioritize minimalist designs that are synergistic between natural exploration and modern design to produce positive and sustainable change.
collection 'Through the Dynasties' is a collection of Cheongsam that have been modernized and given a touch of European silhouettes to make it look more modern. Each Cheongsam has the characteristics of Chinese bird and flower embroidery so that each Cheongsam has its meaning and inspiration.
Mr. Nawawi Embran Collection, called ‘Mice Ampyang Imlek’ to elevates of the millennial generation that was born 'Peranakan' between Chinese and Javanese or called Ampyang. Mr. Embran combines various kinds of silk material and also blends batik, lace and plain fabrics in one design. Detail Twists or 'Puntir Ulir' are made on the cutting of each material.
In closing, the series of events will be enlivened by the Lunar Fashion Show from two designers; Natasya Wijaya, the Alumni of Fashion Design program and Mr. Embran Nawawi, Lecturer at Fashion Design Lasalle College Surabaya.
Involved in this event, among them are; Artistic Make-up Team from LaSalle College Surabaya;
- Zinat Lulu, Coordinator of the Artistic Make-Up program of Lasalle College Surabaya
- Sekar Anggraini, Student of the Artistic Make-Up program of Lasalle College Surabaya
- Diva Maharani, Student of the Artistic Make-Up program of Lasalle College Surabaya
- Angelina Mustafa, Student of the Artistic Make-Up program of Lasalle College Surabaya
- Evelyn Budi Nugroho, Student of the Artistic Make-Up program of Lasalle College Surabaya