The Buyer Certificate Program can be completed in 1 year of full-time and 2 years of part-time study.
- Fashion Phenomena
- Study & Analysis of Fibres and Textiles
- Introduction to Fashion Marketing
- Buying of Fashion Product
- Textile Evaluation for a Fashion Product
- Introduction to Accounting Principles
- Environment & Consuming
- Budgetary Planning
- Private Label Development
- Financial Management in Fashion Industry
- Approach to Planning
- Stock Management
- Private Label Management
- Import – Export
- Integration in the Workplace II
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to work in the following positions:
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Marketer (Fashion Promotion Specialist)
- Fashion Coordinator
- Fashion Editor
- Brand Manager
- Retail Store Manager (Boutique Manager)
- Boutique Owner
- Visual Display Artist
- A workshop for visual presentation
- A window display preparation area
- A large drawing & illustration room
- A garment window display area
- Study of fashion history and contemporary fashion.
- Research of styles and materials.
- Prediction of future trends.
- Choice of fabrics textures and colour.
- Fashion market analysis.
- Fashion product evaluation.
- Development of marketing and distribution strategies.
- Promotional advertising and public relations activities.
- Planning and purchasing of seasonal collections.
- Visual presentation of merchandise.
- Budgeting and financial management.
- Establishment of customer service strategies.
- Personnel management, training and motivation.
A graduate of Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Australia majoring in Fashion Business, just after she pursued her study at Lasalle International Design School, Singapore. She has joined various retail fashion industry internationally, serving corporate market in Singapore and some high profile clients in Australia
Apart of launching her own label in 2007, she also followed her writing passion as contributor in local fashion magazines, reporting fashion trend across countries through extensive travelling. Her teaching passion was discovered later and since then, she takes pride in sharing her years of knowledge, global professional experience and strong networking in the industry with the upcoming students, whom she believes will be the apparel industry leaders of the future.