Artistic Make Up Course Outline
- Introduce to make up
- Correction Techniques
- Basic Make-up
- Photo Make-up
- Fashion Make-up & Hairstyling
- TV Make-up
- Stage/Theatre Make-up
- Fantasy Make-up
Upon request, fantastic work experience opportunities are available at our College for students with adequate kits. Our Graduation Ceremony and Parade are also viewed by industry professionals scouting for raw talent.
There are many sectors that require the skills of a professional makeup artist, such as:
- Cosmetic Company
- Films Industry
- Advertising Agencies
- Magazines or even Television
- International standard studio makeup provided.
- A comprehensive range of books and relevant reference materials available to students researching makeup.
- Internet access to help students work on their assignments.
- We suggest the use of make-up tools and products from professional high end cosmestic brands.
- To understand the basic theoretical and practical aspects of makeup.
- To create makeup adapted to the needs of the industry (retail, photography, fashion, etc.)
- To produce a portfolio showcasing students’ technical and artistic know-how.
Darwyn showed interest in the arts at very early age. At 15 he left Indonesia to continue high school at Trinity Grammar School in Melbourne. Against his father's wish, Darwyn went to apply for courses at the Victorian College of The Arts, Melbourne University in 1996 majoring in Performance & Fine Art.
Darwyn was offered a lot of jobs assisting painters, actors and artists in the theatre industries. Through it all, he picked up a lot tips and tricks from the artists and started to pay attentions in body painting and special FX makeup. In Dec 2003 Darwyn came back to Jakarta and did nothing for a year.
Then in 2004, he applied for a managing editor position at one publication, hated it and decided to try his luck in the makeup industry. And Luck did come in 2005 with the arrival of MAC Cosmetics to Indonesia, where he worked as an Artist Training & Development Manager.
He resigned from MAC Cosmetics and decided to go freelance in 2010, before joining LaSalle College Jakarta. The rest is history. Since then Darwyn has applied makeup for many A list celebrities like Sarah Sechan, Sherina Munaf, etc, and has been key makeup artist to many shows, theatre and feature films such as Arisan!2, Soegija, Laura & Marsha, Jakarta Love Riot, Kabaret Oriental and many more.